EPISODE 8 SHOW NOTES
When you have a narcissist in your life, the reality is it just sucks-I’m not going to mince words here. Whether you’re dealing with family members who make terrible choices, spouses who end up abusing you instead of loving you, or friends who don’t support you and end up betraying you, it can be crappy.
This can really be like putting a bandaid on a bullet wound. We’re not here to use our thoughts to coach ourselves out of the reality of this situation. I just want you to know that I really am sorry for what you’ve had to pass through, because it’s not a fun reality to come to terms with.
Most of my clients come from generations of narcissist abuse, and as a result, it will feel lonely on the path to healing and creating healthy relationships that don’t exist yet. You’re now pioneering a new path, and while it’s not going to be a smooth one, you can still make peace with your reality, once you acknowledge it.
In today’s episode, I’m talking about:
- How to process through and accept emotions like anger, sadness, loss, and injustice when it comes to your narcissist reality
- Why you don’t always have to know your greater purpose in order to feel at peace
- Dealing with and healing emotional abuse as soon as possible, no matter how it happened
- Learning to let the narcissist go, as well as everything you wish they would do differently, and let your own emotions process and heal instead
- Being brave enough to acknowledge your reality without judgment (whether you keep the narc in your life or not)
- Understanding that the coaching process and tools will only work if you’re working to create something you ACTUALLY want
- Choosing to be selective with the narcissists you do have to have in your life
- Learning the right tools to hold space and have compassion for yourself as you navigate narcissist interactions in your life
I love that I’ve been able to take the darkest parts of my life and use those experiences to help others every single day. I’ve got some crazy things all along the spectrum of experience, but it’s also been full of love, life, creativity, ambition, and passion. More is on the horizon too!
I’m always working on myself, and growing, and learning. but it’s not without heavy times too. I’m here for the heavy AND the amazing times. This is what I signed up for, and you are not alone on this path to recovery if you sign up for this too.
Choosing to find more than peace with your narcissist reality, because beautiful things are in your future.
Getting to see someone else’s life change for the better fuels me and feels extremely purposeful, no matter what kind of narcissist experiences I had to deal with along the way. It’s absolutely incredible, and there’s nothing quite like it.
I know you’re going to be so successful. You’re going to be reaching those goals, finding that partner that just fills you up with so much love. You’ll have the dream job you love, or you can finally start that business you’ve always wanted to. You’re going to be creating healthy relationships with your children and other family members, and breaking all of those generational cycles. All of this can happen for you, if you show up and do the work.
I want to remind you that the narcissist in your life is an opportunity, NOT an obstacle; they are a stepping stool to the thing that you really want. Knowing this information can refine and serve you to create the post-narc life you truly want. It really is an empowering and amazing process, and I’m here to help you if you need my expertise on your journey!
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Get on the email list to be notified when membership becomes available
- Connect with Laura on Instagram
- Connect with Laura on Facebook
- Apply for 1:1 coaching with Laura