EPISODE 7 SHOW NOTES
Deep self-connection: this is something you HAVE to have in order to heal, and create your beautiful, post-narc life with everything you want. Connection is absolutely an emotional need, and if you’re not working to build a deep self-connection, things are going to feel more challenging, stressful, and painful in a lot of ways.
I have learned remarkable things over the last several years, as I’ve gone through becoming a coach, having the career of being a coach, working with many clients, working with myself, doing the work to heal, and helping others do the work to heal. Deep self-connection is a truly powerful and important concept and skill that you develop as part of your healing, and on your way to the life you want.
I want you to get to a place where you feel more grounded and self-assured, so whatever obstacles life throws your way, you will be more connected, in control, and you can achieve what you truly want.
In today’s episode, I’ll be talking about:
- Reasons why a lack of self-connection is a problem
- What a deep self-connection truly is
- Moving past the need for hustle and self-pressure, and focusing on having more compassion for yourself
- Learning to connect with the physical sensations of your body (especially after a stressful or traumatic event has happened)
- Ways to connect with yourself on a deeper level, as well as with others. The most common ways are spiritual self-connection, physical self-connection, emotional self-connection (awareness of our emotions), and connecting with others (in a genuine way).
- Things that get in the way of self-connection (raised by/surrounded by narcissists, narc-brain, fight or flight mode, and disconnecting from ourselves for safety)
- Ways you can begin creating a deep sense of self-connection. You can process out the pain of emotional abandonment, identify and examine any disconnected thoughts you have, spend time identifying your likes and dislikes, checking in with your body and experimenting, get coaching/support on your disconnection, practice replacing old thoughts and beliefs with new ones, do something you love (one of my favorite things is to take myself out to eat and try a new restaurant), and lastly, find out your needs that aren’t being met, and what you may need to change in order to be happier.
Unconditional self-love is the ultimate goal, and we get there by building deep self-connection.
When we feel an unconditional self-love, we know without a doubt that we are deeply self-connected. This is something that will take time, and you need to have plenty of compassion for yourself when you’re working on this.
Belief is also vital to our overall well-being, and our ability to build a deep self-connection that will last. It is seriously the number one thing that our brain needs in order to operate in this world, and our brains love to have evidence to be able to feel safe enough to believe something. How amazing is that?!
Ultimately, building a deep self-connection means you are connected to your whole self-the good, the bad, the ugly, the pretty, and everything in between. I want you to start creating a safe space inside yourself, and watch out for those negative thoughts and emotions (again, this is where your beliefs really come into play). Once you become more aware of those things, you can start to work on them, and if you need help in that area, I can help you on your journey with coaching!
I hope you’re able to take all of these tools and create more self-connection with yourself. When you’ve built a deep self-connection, you have more confidence, and are more aware of what’s going on with your body; it’s truly a beautiful, and powerful thing!